Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hola!










I have a review of the Scrapbookers Almanac by fellow military spouse Elizabeth Dillow as well as a new page post.




The Scrapbookers Almanac is published by Simple Scrapbooks. There are 103 calendar-inspired projects. The book is divided month by month with projects relating to lesser know holidays like Absolutely Incredible Kid Day in March. The book is a lot like the magazine in that the pages are more simple than you would see in Creating Keepsakes. The author is military spouse and has 3 kids so I could relate. One of the things I like is that the book is a hard back, spiral bound and will lay flat, so it's easier to look at while I am scraplifting. There's more than enough inspiration inside for when your well runs dry. The cost is $19.95 and I haven't seen it in any LSS so you will need to order it online from simple scrapbooks.




I have been stuck on one particular page for a couple of days and I finally finished it. I am not sure if I like it though. It needs to be put away and we'll see in a week or so.




The new kits of the month went up for sale on Saturday, which is so exciting. I really wanted the Jenni Bowlin kit for February and it sold out before I could purchase it so this time I was up at midnight to place my order. It was a good thing too because it was sold out when I got up the next morning. When the kit comes in I'll review it for you.




I did manage to purchase the Becky Higgins school years kit for February. That one went super fast as well. There we a good many disappointed fans. There were several going for absurd amounts of money on ebay. When the FedEX guy dropped mine off it was like Christmas! The kit was money well spent. It came with all the goodies to complete several pages for each grade level Preschool through 12th. The cardstock was textured, who doesn't love that. In addition the kit came with 3 ring pockets for memorabilia, one each p-12. Check out Becky Higgins website for pictures. They plan on selling it again as a preorder. I'll post more info when it becomes available. These are the sample pages they had on the website. Totally not mine.




He's my page post. Just some of my favorite recent photos. Let me know what you think!




No comments: